Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Paper Bag Princess

The children listened as I read to them the book, The Paper Bag Princess, story by Robert Munsch, art by Michael Martchenko. The children listened to the story and enjoyed it, but I think it would be most meaningful to an older group of children so they can better understand the trickery and message of the story. I really like the story and am enthusiastic to read it, which the children responded well to. I like the story because it portrays a princess saving a prince, which is quite uncommon in the fairytale world! I also like when the prince doesn't like how his heroine is dressed and instead of trying to "get the guy" the princess calls him a bum and carries on single, happily ever after. I think the story promotes positive social-emotional development in children and I will use it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment