Saturday, March 26, 2011

Makeup Mess

I read to the children the book, Makeup Mess, by Robert Munsch illustrated by Michael Martchenko. One of the young girls chose this book for me to read, I think she liked the picture and the dress-up theme in the book. The book does have the main character robbing her brother, which might need a followup discussion about why you shouldn't rob people, even your family. The message of the story is that the little girl realizes that she is the most beautiful when she has no makeup on. It's a nice story with a good message, the children enjoyed listening to it and liked the book. I think that Robert Munsch does a good job at writing books that children understand, even if they might be a little strange to adults, children can connect to them. This is a book that I will use again.

No comments:

Post a Comment